We are looking for a part-time Administrative Assistant who will assist our Practice Manager in the daily operations of our busy, multidisciplinary psychoeducational practice. Selected candidate will perform receptionist duties, in addition to a variety of administrative and clerical tasks.
- Answer and screen incoming phone calls, taking detailed messages
- Welcome clients and other guests who visit the practice
- Ensure waiting room area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary materials (e.g. marketing materials, brochures for referral sources, and beverage station)
- Receive, sort and distribute mail and deliveries, ensuring accuracy of the orders we’ve placed
- Assist with the maintenance of office supplies, forms, and resource materials by checking stock to determine inventory levels. Advise Practice Manager when supplies are needed
- Schedule appointments as needed
- Provide administrative support as needed to all providers
- Perform other clerical duties such as filing, photocopying, and faxing
To be successful as an Office Assistant, you should have a pleasant personality, as this is also a customer service role. You should also handle sensitive matters in a timely, professional, and effective manner, while streamlining office operations.
- Three years experience as a receptionist, office assistant, or similar role. Experience in the mental health field is a plus.
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
- Customer service attitude
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. computers, fax machines, and printers)
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Excellent interpersonal communication
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive
- Prior experience in managing multiple calendars preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- High school degree; additional education and/or training beyond high school preferred
For consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone calls.