Executive Functioning Coach/Academic Therapist
Directed by Julie R. Wood, Ed.S., LPES and Meg W. Humphrey, Ed.S., LPES, NCSP, both Licensed Psychoeducational Specialists and Certified School Psychologists, Breakwater Associates is a multidisciplinary private practice serving the greater Charleston area providing cognitive and academic; speech and language; and social/emotional/behavioral evaluation, intervention, and therapy.
We are currently looking to hire an additional professional to join our team to serve children, adolescents, and young adults seeking executive functioning coaching services. We are open to considering tutoring in other areas of specialty as well.
- Provide direct individualized support to clients during one-on-one sessions
- Address any specific academic concerns, as related to executive functioning deficits
- Assist students in the development of executive functioning skills, including organization, time management, task initiation, prioritization, study skills, test taking skills, stress tolerance, etc.
- Help students prepare for long-term papers, projects, or presentations by setting goals and meeting deadlines
- Assist students in planning their responsibilities for the week, as well as providing them with a daily “to do” list after their sessions
- Assist students with self-advocacy skills, such as emailing teachers or requesting accommodations
- Help students find a system of organization that works best for them
- Monitor academic performance and behavior by accessing school grades and teacher websites.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills sets:
- Passionate about helping children/adolescents/adults who struggle with executive functioning deficits
- Ability to act independently and professionally when engaging with clients, families, other service providers, and schools
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Maintain high quality documentation for all sessions and contacts
- Initiate and engage in regular marketing meetings with collateral contacts, outside agencies, school systems, and/or outside providers
A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study is the minimum requirement. A master’s degree, and a background in special education and/or previous tutoring experience is strongly preferred.
Compensation is commission-based. No health benefits, but retirement benefits are offered to qualified employees. Breakwater strives to maintain a good working environment for their employees. We have a laid back and friendly environment, while also understanding the importance of work-life balance.
If interested, please submit your resume to email@example.com.